Heart of Winter: Trials of the Luremaster
After the release of Heart of Winter, Black Isle Studios decided to create a free, downloadable extension called Heart of Winter: Trials of the Luremaster. You must have Heart of Winter installed to play this. The following versions of the expansion are currently available:
- Expansion starts by conversing with the halfling Hobart Stubbletoes, a new guest in the Whistling Gallows Inn in Lonelywood.
- Your party must be of levels 11-18 to take part (higher levels if in Heart of Fury mode).
- Twenty new areas, mostly above ground. Areas include an entire haunted castle in the desert of Anauroch, and six subterranean levels.
- New monsters include beholders, jackalweres, ochre jellies, harpies, and green slime creatures.
- More unique items and bags of holding.
- No new spells.
- Adventure difficulty scales with the strength of the party.
- Six new character portraits, two of which are female. These humans and half-elves are two fighters, a cleric, a mage, a druid and a ranger.
- The "expansion expansion" should offer at least 8-10 more hours of gameplay.
- Localized versions in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
- Various bug fixes to Heart of Winter, including to multiplayer.
Seven of the following screenshots are exclusives for the launch of Luremaster.
CD Cover Art
Alex Doble of Delta Artwork has provided us some artwork to print out as a CD cover for those who wish to copy Trials of the Luremaster to CD/DVD for long term storage.